Whether you are a first time Patient or a loyal returning customer, we want you to feel confident that you have chosen Synergy for your Wellness Health Care.
Synergy accepts the following insurance providers:
- British Caymanian
- Cayman First
- Pan American
- CINICO (when individually approved)
*These insurances generally do not require a referral for coverage
Don’t see your insurance listed? Simply call Synergy at 943-8200 or email us at [email protected] and we will assist you. .
Health Insurance Q & A**
* What is a deductible? A deductible is the initial dollar amount you must pay out-of-pocket each calendar year before an insurance company pays its share. This is usually a flat dollar amount.
* What is Co-Insurance? This is the portion that you (the patient) are responsible for paying [when the Insurance company will pay their portion of the claim/bill]. Your coinsurance is determined by your individual plan benefits. Essentially you and your Health Insurance cooperatively pay the claim bill.
Co-pay fees vary but are typically CI$55 or more, if there is a maximum dollar amount paid per treatment rather than if the insurance will pay a percentage of the treatment bill.
We will let you know what your co-pay will be, depending on your Health Insurance benefits. Payment is due at time of service and you are responsible to settle your bill and pay your balance if for any reason your insurance does not pay their portion.
Questions to determine what your health insurance benefits are and if you can use insurance for Chiropractic, Acupuncture or Physiotherapy;
- Do you have a deductible or out of pocket?
- Do you need pre certification of eligibility from your Insurance Provider?
- Do you need a valid and up to date Physiotherapy, Chiropractic or Acupuncture referral?
- Do you have an exclusion or pre-existing condition?
- Does your Insurance cover Physiotherapy, Chiropractic or Acupuncture health care in your policy? Is your policy active?
- Does your Insurance pay a percentage (e.g. 80%) of the claim or do they contribute a flat dollar amount (e.g. CI$80.00) to the bill (and require you to pay the balance)?
You may call your Health Insurance provider or check your Health Insurance contract to learn more about your own individual plan.
Synergy is a privately owned and operated Health Care clinic and our policies and fees are determined Therein.
* What is an EOB? This is an Explanation Of Benefits, a statement you will receive from your insurance company detailing any medical benefits used. This IS NOT A BILL, just a detailed statement.
* Do I need a referral for my insurance to pay? This depends on your individual health insurance plan. Each Insurance plan determines if they would like a medical referral to cover your therapy treatments. Physiotherapy usually requires a Referral. Acupuncture may require a referral. Chiropractic usually does not require a referral.
* Do I need a pre-authorisation for my insurance to pay? This depends on your individual health insurance plan. Some Insurance policies ask for a pre authorisation after the 1st or 6th therapy session. They may require us to send medical notes for previous related treatments.
** The above answers are general, and your specific plan may vary. It is your responsibility to fully understand all the details of your particular plan, and we will gladly assist you with this process.
If you have any questions about your insurance billing, please don’t hesitate to ask. We would be happy to provide you with a standard fee schedule, created by the Health Insurance Commission Law of the Cayman Islands.
For your visit, please wear comfortable clothing and bring your insurance card, your photo ID, your physician referral and your method of payment. You will need to complete an initial intake form and then you will be on your way to a healing journey with Synergy.